time for some flaps

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
it's about time i get legal with some mud flaps. does anyone know where i can get some rubber so i can make my own? if not i know that highland jeep gear has some, then i'd just need to make the mounts.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I bought mine at Henderson Tire and Wheel down on 3rd west. Fuls size semi truck flap, cut it in half, so you only need on. $5.00

Chris R

Now the guy at the inspection station told me flaps weren't required. I just needed some extended flares. I'm 6 months new to Ut so what's the deal.....Chris

tv_larsen

Originally posted by Chris R
Now the guy at the inspection station told me flaps weren't required. I just needed some extended flares. I'm 6 months new to Ut so what's the deal.....Chris

Mud flaps are required if your suspension has been "modified" and the top half of the tire isn't covered by the body.

P

pokeyYJ

Why put flaps on, wait until you get pulled over for it. If you do make the flaps, make them so that you can pull them off real quick, mud flaps are for sissies, J/K!

Chris R

Originally posted by doughboy
I was told buy a cop that if your body does not cover half of your tires you need flares. I did what Shawn did for mud flaps but I cut them in fourths for my little zuk with 31" tires.

Ahhh, I see! Well, I'm pretty sure I don't meet that requuirement. Maybe it depends on who's doing the inspection as well. Maybe this guy will see me again when I get ready to put Utah plates on the Heep.....Chris

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
ya the mounts i'm gonna fab up will allow the flaps to disconnect. i'm gonna go ahead and make them now instead of after i get pulled over because i have the time and access to a shop. they should end up looking pretty awesome :)

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
Why fab any mounts? For about $30 you can buy mud flabs, the bar to attach them to, and the brackt that the bar goes though. Then it is just a pull of the pin and the whole things comes off. I'll add some pictures. I just bolted the bracket on through my frame through and existing hole. It should have two bolts but it is fine for now. The bar the the flaps attach to is just cut to what ever length you want. I cut about half the length off