Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy may be my favorite book of all time. And the BBC miniseries staring Alec Guinness is such an amazingly well done adaptation that you almost have to watch it as a companion to get the whole experience of the story.

So when I heard that they were making a new movie based on the book, I was skeptical to say the least. I was worried they would update it and amp the very limited action to make it appeal to the Tweeter generation. Then I heard that Gary Oldman and Colin Firth would play Smiley and Haydon and my interest was peaked. Then I saw the teaser today, and I know I'll be there opening night.

[YOUTUBE]u5p31OI_AMs[/YOUTUBE]

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That looks pretty good, I'll be there m'self. I listened to a bunch of LeCarre and Ken Follett books while I was travelling the country, but somehow did not get this one. Anyway, movie looks good. I love that kind of cat-and-mouse spy thriller.

roverrocks

Sounds like a great movie remake. LeCarre is one of my favorite authors of all time. George Smiley is one of spydom's best characters. I for one will be looking forward to seeing this movie. Probably time for me to reread some Smiley novels. Great novels!!