tiny front lift blocks?

Will3161

I'm working on my suspension, trying to determine why it darts around under braking and rides like a board, and found tiny 1/4 inch lift blocks under the front leaves. they have two holes for the spring center pin, to shift the axle either front or back about 1/2 inch. anyone ever see these? its on an 85 4runner

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
There is a 1" version available for fullsize trucks, gives a little lift in addition to allowing some wheelbase adjustment. Sounds like a similar product without the lift.

4x4_Welder

Are they angled at all? I had a similar problem with my SAS F250 which had angle shims to correct the caster, but it also had the world's stiffest leaf springs up front. It actually would flex the frame before the front springs.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
As long as your u-bolts are tight, and the spring center pin (and any other hardware associated with the small plate) is tight, I really doubt that it has anything to do with your problem... Are you sure your hardware is all tight? bushings in your springs/shackles toasted?

There are lots of things that can cause your problem, but if you can post some pics of your suspension that might help with the online diagnosis.

Will3161

the shackles are stock, and the sway bar is gone. Having pulled them out, it does seemed to have helped. Also put my steering wheel back to right side up.