Tips on Welding

xjc

I give up :(
Delux and I have been doing a bit of welding as we are building bumpers and rocker protection. We are mostly buggering things up and I would like any suggestions from the tallented welders around. We are using a 230 amp max arc. Craftsman is the brand name. (the welder actualy belongs to spence but I am giving it a home for now).

I will post some pics of our boogers soon:cool:

Is booty-fab Genetic?:eek:

Caleb

yes, the best thing to do is post pics and we can give you advice based on them...we can sit here and talk all day on the theories of welding but most of it would prolly be common knowledge, atleast to some but no tto others...

the best advice that I could give anyone is practice...I weld all day long every day at work and I am only starting to really be able to really get a feel for it...I can pick up most mig machines and lay a good bead, tig is coming along (I trust my welds 100% but they aren;t the prettiest, YET), arc is what I learned on so I feel pretty confident about that, oxy-acet welding isn;t used much in our stuff cause it takes a long time and mig and arc are so much easier...but I do feel confident with my oxy-accet skills cause it is very similar to TIG...

I have learned the many different processes by many many hours of practice but I still do not consider myself any kind of expert...:p