Toyota Tire fitment opinions

Dillon.Powers

When in Doubt, Gas it out
Hello all. Im back with a request for some second opinions. I just got through finally installing a OME BP51 2.5" kit on my 2020 TRDORP 4runner that has been sitting around in boxes since I ordered it last November. :rofl: I elected to go with the medium spring rate option in the rear for the sake of towing applications and it did end up with a bit of a rake. but anyhow its now time to start shopping for tires. As usual its between a 275/70R17 or a 285/70R17 BFG all terrain. I intend on keeping the factory TRD wheels. so ill take any suggestions! I understand that under most circumstances a 285 will require some bumper trimming and possible mud flap removal at very least. Like I said just looking for some expert opinions. :)IMG_2131.jpg70517768244__D12770BB-5D04-49BB-B3B8-CA982CC4BD65.jpg

Coco

When I had my GX - I had installed a Dobinson lift kit, and stuffed 285/75R17s under it on the same wheel you have with spacers. It took some modifying of the cab mount brackets, but it was doable. It would still rub at full turn on a bump, but overall was good.

That being said, you should be able to clear either of the options you mentioned with minor trimming. All the runners we have installed them on have either had a 3" lift installed in the front, or we have installed one. The 2.5" may require a bit more trimming.

lhracing

With staying with the TRD wheels you should be able to run a 285/70-17. A lot comes down to the alignment after the lift install and it you are running after market upper control arms. Most people get into trouble when the use a wheel that is too wide and/or wrong offset (they buy wheels for the look rather than fitment). I am running OME BP51 suspension with 285/75-17 tires (taller than the 285/70-17) on Method wheels, spc control arms that are setup correctly and a good alignment and still run the mud flaps with no cutting or problems.

Dillon.Powers

When in Doubt, Gas it out
With staying with the TRD wheels you should be able to run a 285/70-17. A lot comes down to the alignment after the lift install and it you are running after market upper control arms. Most people get into trouble when the use a wheel that is too wide and/or wrong offset (they buy wheels for the look rather than fitment). I am running OME BP51 suspension with 285/75-17 tires (taller than the 285/70-17) on Method wheels, spc control arms that are setup correctly and a good alignment and still run the mud flaps with no cutting or problems.
Thanks for the input. I still need to have the truck aligned but I'm running the OME/ARB upper control arms that they offer. am not exactly a wizz at ifs geometry but I don't think they offer much in the realm of adjustment.

lhracing

The OME arm is great, next time my SPC need ball joints they are going in the trash and I will be buying the OME's. Alignment is critical to make everything work together. My son did mine, he was a Toyota/Lexus master tech at LHM Lexis as well as having his own offroad business. He is now at Impluse Offroad.