tire rod end?

kkemp

The tie rod on my YJ is one that was custom made by the defunct RockLogic. One of the tie rod ends is worn out and it turns out that it's not a stock jeep TRE. I'm not sure how to go about figuring out what part# I need. Russ at Russ' Alignment couldn't match it up with any Moog number. It is a Moog TRE BTW.

Anyone know who might be able to figure this out?

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I have the same setup..

here are the part numbers you need.. R right L Left

EF2748 L
EF2848R

Now I can't remember the brand those go to :(

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
if it's a Moog TRE, can you take measurements from it and compare to a catalog? If the number isn't on it I don't know any other way to figure that out.. unless one of the Rocklogic'ers remembers... :D

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Can you post a pic of it? Know the thread size/pitch? You might check out an ES150R or ES150L.....

kkemp

I don't have anything to measure it with right now but, here is a picture of it...

IMG_8086.JPG

kkemp

Russ has the dimensions written down and their going to call me back later with them. Hopefully I can match that up with something. Since the yoke is stock, the taper is obviously the same as stock so I just need the rod thread length and pitch and that should help. The numbers that Carl gave me don't seem be for the right one because the taper is not right.

I'll see if I can find those numbers Scott.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I don't have anything to measure it with right now but, here is a picture of it...

IMG_8086.JPG

I'll have to verify off my Jeep, but I think those are the ES150 ends like I Lean mentioned? If that's a 3/4" thread, I'd bet they are (I think I used those on my XJ with a D30 as well?). I think I use those on my draglink (Rocklogic built from LONG ago). My tie rod uses the 7/8" thread ends that I think are the part numbers TooeleCherokee posted?

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
That's not an ES150. The tapered stud on that one is smaller, to match the Jeep taper--but I'll bet it still has the larger (3/4") threads.

I don't recall the part number though. I believe it was some older Dodge application, though that doesn't narrow it down much.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Ah--those part numbers posted earlier may just be correct, but use "ES" at the beginning instead of "EF". :)

Edit: Pulled this off a post on NAXJA: "Dodge TRE part numbers ES2847R ES2848R. For searching purposes use 1991 Dodge Ramcharger."

Last edited:

utah340six

when i replace the tie rod end on the 06 rubicon it was a moug part # at checker.
aouto zone did not show a difrent end on the pitman arm for the rubicon but checker did.
is was standard jeep taper with 3/4 or 7/8 thread like the 7/8 ones you can get from teraflex

Attachments

• tie rod rubi.jpg
    tie rod rubi.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Ah--those part numbers posted earlier may just be correct, but use "ES" at the beginning instead of "EF". :)

Edit: Pulled this off a post on NAXJA: "Dodge TRE part numbers ES2847R ES2848R. For searching purposes use 1991 Dodge Ramcharger."

Thats it.. found my original note.. I typed it into my computer wrong... ES not EF