Tire Violation

She Runner

Look what I can do!!.....
I was just pulled over for a tire violation. The officer said that my mud flaps were not big enough, and that my axles are weak due to my tires being big........... I am trying to look up the exact measurement laws for the mud flaps, I think that I am just where I need to be. Does anyone know the exact requirements.
(there is supposably a new law for raised vehicles that have big, wide tires, so beware) :mad: :mad: :mad:

WJL

How can the officer make the assumption that your axles are weak?
I think the mud flaps have to cover the entire width and hang down past the centerline of the tire, could be wrong?

The axle thing :confused:

Did you get a fix it ticket or a fine?

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Originally posted by WJL

I think the mud flaps have to cover the entire width and hang down past the centerline of the tire, could be wrong?

That is the way I understand the law to be.

Must of been a west valley cop. They are a revenue city = no fix it ticket just a 50.00 fine:mad:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
There are no new laws that I am aware of, just the ones that the U4WDA helped pass a few years ago now. Regarding mudflaps:

(2) If the wheel track is increased beyond the O.E.M. specification, the top 50% of the tires shall be covered by the original fenders, by rubber, or other flexible fender extenders under any loading condition.

Read All of the Laws here:

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=918&highlight=lift+laws

:D

She Runner

Look what I can do!!.....
Originally posted by WJL
How can the officer make the assumption that your axles are weak?

The axle thing :confused:

Did you get a fix it ticket or a fine?

Exactly my thoughts on the axle thing.......

I got a fine! NO FIX IT.. He said quote "we really need to crack down on these things"

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Who was the cop? Was he PCPD or UHP? Most of the cops I work with in PC are cool about equipment violations.

S

sukaB

Bastard......

And to think when I was trained highly by our government I almost went into law enforcment.....
Knuckle.....

thank god for jeeps.....