Tire weights

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm not sure if I'm being to ocd but I just paid a local tire shop almost $100 to mount/balance the new tires on my 4runner(not purchased at this shop) I thought that was a little expensive but that's beside the point. When I put them on the 4 runner I was admiring them when I noticed the tire weights on the outer lip. That ticked me off a little but even worse it looks like they used the wrong weights too. Opinions?
1f29e90802bac964a30af54fc3c0f39c.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've never had to ask. On the few occasions they have used this type of weight on other rigs, the weight at least fit the lip of the wheel.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
It's been a long time since I last mounted & balanced tires in a shop, but IIRC there are 2 style clip-on weights, one for steel wheels which has a thinner, rounded clamp and one for aluminum that has a clip thats more squared and a bit bigger. To me it looks like you got the correct weights, they just don't fit flush with the design of that rim.

TRD

AccuTune OFFROAD - Shocks
That wheel should probably have stick on weights.

The clamp weights also have a tendency to come off in mud and rocks if you take this off-road.