Tires and dry rot

controlfreak

I found a set of 33X10R15 Buckshot Mudders?? I think...But they have a little dry rot on the side wall. The interior looks and feels flawless but I don't want to throw money away on trash. Does the dry rot mean the tire is worthless? Or just weak and prone to puncture or failure? :confused:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
it does make the tire a little weaker...The tire complains more when you airdown and make the sidewall buckle. If you run on basic street pressure you are ok. I have heard that with armorall with out the sun for a while it will rejuvinate the tire sidewalls. I've also heard that if it leaks you can get the green slime and put it in.

Ryan

Originally posted by controlfreak
I found a set of 33X10R15 Buckshot Mudders?? I think...But they have a little dry rot on the side wall. The interior looks and feels flawless but I don't want to throw money away on trash. Does the dry rot mean the tire is worthless? Or just weak and prone to puncture or failure? :confused:

Good question, and I have your answer: A set of (4) 33x12.5x15 Big O Big Foot AT's with pretty new tread for a screamin' deal:cool: