TJ compatable with ZJ Suspension????

Robudda723

I have searched and some places hear that yes the parts interchangable and some places say no. Someone on here has a TJ lift kit and would like to purchase if they will fit my ZJ.

Thanks,
Rob

gertsch

The tj rear spring won't work. Also from what I've heard the tj spring stock are two inches shorten the a stick zj's. So take that into consideration. Also the tj spring would be to light duty of a spring for a v8 if that's what u have.

RockChucker

as far as i know, the control arms, and at least front track bar will work. the zj springs in the front are a heavier rate than a TJ, so TJ springs would work, you just wouldn't get as much lift. the rears are totally different though.

Robudda723

Rear track bar and springs are indeed different. Rob, how high of a lift are you looking at?

Not tons, would like to do as little as possible and maybe do 33's and don't mind a bit of trimming. I got this going after buying it after a wreck that jacked the front suspension, replaced all bent and broken, but everything is worn and replaced with other stock parts to get it going cause I needed something for work. I do not like the way it handles on the freeway and the coupler on the trans is shot. So not sure if I want to dump money in it or sale and pick up something else. I think the only way to get it to ride like I want is a long arm kit and there is no way I want to spend that much on it. So really torn between selling or fixing it up. The motor is a V8 and only has 130,000. The interior is really clean so not sure.

Rob

Robudda723

I was looking at that, but would like at least new lower control arms front and rear, so looking around 800 or so for suspension and need tires. Budget Right now is around 1200 total. So that is why I am wondering if I should buy something else and sale the jeep. Then use that money form the sale towards whatever I buy also. I want to do it right but suspension and tires with control arms is a bit tough at 1200. If someone can show me a package with suspension and 33" tires for 1200 without buying "cheap" products I am game.

Rob