TJ exhaust header

manouso

I am looking around for options with exhaust header for a 1998 TJ 4.0L. I was wondering what are some lower budget replacement header choices are?

Also by the sound of it by calling the dealer the stock headers were a bad design, which caused these headers to crack. Dose anyone know if the manufacture will stand behind this design flaw, the dealers i called won't. This jeep only has 31000 on the odometer. In my opinion that is pretty sh*tty if they are not standing behind their product.

Oh ya, i would like to get in contact with the right person to complain to at jeep. So any knowledge in how to get a hold of them would be appreciated?

Thanks

P

pokeyYJ

Yeah to 4.0 factory exhaust manifold is notorious for cracking, I don't know anybody at Jeep that you can complain to, but most aftermarket headers are pretty good, I myself like the Borla one.

Jeromy

i bought mine a autozone for 190$. Been in for about six mounths. and no problems yet. it is the new style with the exp. joints. It is not supposed to crack again.

fd3126e7.jpg

hope this helps
Jeromy

Last edited:

manouso

Hmm $190 sounds like my sort of price range. Now how much work is involved in replacing the header maybe i can do it myself?

Jeromy

yah you can do it your self... if ya want a extra hand i would be more than happy to help took me like 3 hours to do...
where are you located?
let me know
Jeromy

Last edited:

sukaB

Banned
Do Borla..
I cannot beleive there hasnt been a recall yet....
You can get some money back from Chrysler if you upgrade first and then the recall goes...