TJ Flares on Cherokee

moabjeeper

Man Down!!!!
Well i just decided to go with TJ flares instead of Bushwacker ones for my cherokee. Does anyone know where i could get some info or a write up on installing these. I was thinking of someone else doing it but they want to charge me a crap load that i aint going to pay. Im sure no one has a write up of one but it was worth a shot. Anyone got any pointers before i hack into the fenders?

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I think my brother mattvw65 is planning on doing this asap. Maybe you two can put your heads together.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by moabjeeper
Well i just decided to go with TJ flares instead of Bushwacker ones for my cherokee. Does anyone know where i could get some info or a write up on installing these. I was thinking of someone else doing it but they want to charge me a crap load that i aint going to pay. Im sure no one has a write up of one but it was worth a shot. Anyone got any pointers before i hack into the fenders?

www.jeepfreak.com

VerdeXJ

I have installed the front on my '98 XJ.
I am planning on doing the rears within the next couple of months, no big hurry right now.

The install wasn't too bad. You will want a dremel tool to cut off the plastic lip on the flares. And to cut the fender I would recommend renting sheet metal snippers, or nippers. Most tool rental places should have them. It looks like a power drill with a different head.

Once you have trimmed the sheetmetal, then it is a matter of drilling the holes and putting in the small bolts. Warning, be careful when you are drilling the holes near the washer fluid bottle. It can be repaired, but it just adds another step.

Here is a good article.

http://www.jeepnorthwest.com/tech/tjflares/tjflares.html

If you want help, or more guidance, let me know.

Kent

moabjeeper

Man Down!!!!
Thx for the info but i got the flares all done now!!! The front was cake but the rear gave me some problems but finally got it done. I will post pictures here soon about it.