TJ Heater issue

poorboyzdreamz

poorboyzdreamz
Please help.. Any advice has to help..
I have a 2001 Wrangler 2.5l that is a daily driver. The heater core and radiator just went out. We replaced both. Now the problem.. The heat works and the blower works but when turned on the air always comes out of the defrost duct. When you select either the dash or floor it will blow from either when on as well as the defrost at the same time. I also noticed under load while driving down the freeway that the dash vents would stop blowing until I let off the throttle. We checked the vaccum on the lines to the blend door actuators and they hold a vaccum. So Im at a loss?
Thank you.. Chad

rholbrook

It would have to be vacuum I would think. I pulled the dash out of my 97 once and I made sure and labeled mine

While we are on the subject of Wrangler heaters. My 2004 won't blow on the first two fan settings. The last two work fine. Is that a switch or a blower motor?

poorboyzdreamz

poorboyzdreamz
It would have to be vacuum I would think. I pulled the dash out of my 97 once and I made sure and labeled mine

While we are on the subject of Wrangler heaters. My 2004 won't blow on the first two fan settings. The last two work fine. Is that a switch or a blower motor?

Its possibly the resistor?? I have a Honda that would only work on high.

Bart

Gotta be a vacuum on the 01. Check the left side of the heater box to see if the vacuum is moving the levers when you go from heat to defrost.

On the 04, my 99 did something similar and it was the switch.