TJ/LJ owners: Need Help

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Hey guys, just need a little help. I’m trying to verify my A/C signal is working properly for my LS swap. In my 2006 LJ, the A/C request signal to the Jeep ECM operates on the ground side. My new A/C controller wants a positive signal. I’ve got that figured out, but what I discovered is that I get that signal with the switch on the three A/C settings, and either of the defrost settings. The signal goes away with the switch set to non A/C dash vents and the floor only setting.

IMG_5501.jpeg

If you have a functioning A/C system, can you look at it and see if it operates the same way? Just look at your compressor and see if it’s running as you cycle through the different settings. I didn’t think to adjust the temperature setting to see if that mattered. I don’t think it does but can you check that as well? Check everything on the coldest setting and then again on the hottest setting.

Thanks.

OldGeezer

Sounds right. In the owners manual it says that the a/c also comes on with the defrosters to help get rid of the humidity. I haven't popped the hood to verify.

Reactions: DAA