TJ pulling tent trailer

How well would a TJ pull a small tent trailer say around 10' long and 2000lbs? I have the I6, 5 speed and 4:88 with 37s. I dont need to do 80mph up parley's canyon but I dont want to be in 4-low ether.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
My fried Sam pulls something similar with his unlimited on 33's with 4:56 and says it gets squirrly at times.. I would say you should have enough power but your going to suck some fuel down with that.. and stay near 60

burke

My buddy used to tow my coleman tent trailer(8ft box) with his tj with 35's and 4.56s with no problems at all.
I towed it with a CJ7 and a xj with no complaints.

themaniam1

Just Empty Every Pocket
I tow a 10' box with our LJ and it it does great. The trailer is only 2000lbs dry. Now LJs are rated 3500lbs, 1500lb more then a TJ because of the the longer wheel base. We took it to Hole in the Rock trail by way of Moab and then Blanding and it did great. Do not plan on going above 75 mph because it will start to get a bit squrrily if there is any type of wind and your gas mileage will drop to 10mpg. Also just plan on doing 60 mph up canyons like Spanish Fork in third and fourth gear with 3200 rpms to keep your speed. Also passing others like along Hwy 6 is not a reality.