TJ steering

eatrocks

Ok so the steering box started leaking it the input and the output shafts on my 2005 unlimited. I ordered a replace box. The box was back ordered, checked every other source, no one could get the box but they could take mine and have it rebuilt, cost any were from 150 to 350. Checked with PSC and they had a retrofit box. It’s the older 97 to 02 box with one mounting ear cut off and a new one welded on. And no the parts to rebuild it myself are not on the market.
It seems that everything but this one ear with work with the older GM box. In checking I bolted up the older box and yes this was so.

SO buy the PSC box, have mine rebuilt, ether way if the box failed again it was not going to be an easy fix. OR MOVE THE 3RD MOUNT IN THE FRAME. I’m moving the mounting hole.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
I think you can easily modify the frame to accept the older style box;)

I say drill the hole in the frame, sleeve it, add a durango snowplow box and call it good.

eatrocks

Had to remove the old sleeve as the hole for the older box hits the side wall. Used a 1 inch hole saw to remove the sleeve. Cleaned the sleeve up and reinstalled it with some fish plates on the out sides of the frame. Used the box out of a late model Fcar. less that 3 turns now lock to lock