TJ Windshields

Coming home from work today got hit again "POP" and the resulting crack:mad:. Do some glass companys have better glass than others? 3rd windshield since March and it all ready has 2 cracks in it.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
For the most part no. there are a few of the big discount glass shops that used to buy seconds and rejected glass out of Mexico, not sure if thats still happens. More likely that its just a matter of having a Jeep windshield that isnt aerodynamic enough to deflect the rock rather that take a direct hit.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
There is only one brand I wouldn't recommend using because it is a little softer than other glass, which causes it to crack a little easier. I can't say the brand here on a thread though. Your best bet is to get the best deal which I know your not doing cause I haven't replaced one of your windshields yet. Let me know if i can help you out.

Chevycrew

If you get someone to check your glass for legality, you must have given them a reason to go over your rig with a fine tooth comb...

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Polycarbonate or Lexan is not bullet proof. A .45 caliber bullet will put a 3 inch hole in it. 1/4" thick stuff. A 9mm won't go through it though. Tested it out this weekend. Another downside of theLexan is that it scratches easily and provides no strucutral support to the frame.