For Sale - Best Offer TJ, XJ, ZJ Steering upgrade

bamacpl

$80 Derek 801-6four3-8one0two
This was on my TJ.... No damage at all..... I changed all my steering is why I'm selling this. Here is the verbage from the website as well as the link:

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-steering-package-tj-xj-zj.html

Rusty’s Off-Road Products has an affordable solution for the weak factory steering components used on Jeep TJs, XJs, and ZJs. Rusty’s Steering Package addresses two well-known weak points in the factory steering linkage used on these vehicles, providing Jeep owners a significant strength upgrade that won’t break the bank.

Tie rods are especially vulnerable to damage from rocks and other trail obstacles due to their low-hanging location on the front of the axle, and to make matters worse the factory tie rod is a thin-walled piece of tubing that easily bends with even minor contact. Rusty’s heavy-duty tie-rod replaces the weak factory piece with a bar constructed of .1.5”x0.250-wall DOM tubing that can take a beating and keep on ticking. Machined bungs are welded on both ends of the Rusty’s tie-rod that accept the supplied heavy-duty 22mm tie rod ends, so installation is a simple remove-and-replace affair with no other modifications needed. The supplied jam nuts keep the tie rod ends secure but easily adjustable for alignment.

Another well-known weak point of the factory steering is the split adjuster sleeve on the drag link. Located near the pitman arm, the stock adjuster sleeve can collapse or even snap when subjected to the stresses typically encountered on the trail. Rusty’s replacement heavy-duty adjuster sleeve starts as a solid piece of steel that is then machined to accept the factory drag link ends, which are forged and much stronger than the weak but critical stock link that connects the two. Once again, the supplied jam nuts keep the linkage secure but easily adjustable.

This kit is a direct replacement for all TJs and ZJs. It also fits '91 and newer Xjs.
aefda0a7-54d4-b624.jpg

Last edited: