Today I Want This....

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Huh. Now I know what a missile bunker looks like after an Ashleys catalog throws up on it.
It appears this particular bunker was actually part of the AT&T L4/5 Long Distance Cable Network. Which had hardened, underground switching stations all around the country to ensure that crucial military and government communications would be available in the event of a nuclear strike. There is actually a bunker very similar to this one up in Brigham City, but it's still in use by AT&T as part of their fiber network.

Cold War-era communications and second strike survivability technology is a really fascinating topic if you ever want to go down that particular nerdy rabbit hole.

This is an old site with some great info: coldwarcomms.org

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I like the idea of an old extended cab truck like that but there are a few things I'm hesitant about like Greg said. The exo cage being one of them lol

If it was like $12k I think it would be a cool truck.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
10.5 Acres of land AND a nuclear bunker?! Sign me up! :D

2191 SW Zack Wheat Dr, Polo, MO 64671

Only downside is its in Misery....

I'd have to brush up on my prophecies a little, but when the good Lord comes back, a prime bunker spot in MO would be worth significantly more than the $2M asking price. I think this is a quality investment for sure.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Last summer I quit my job and took my family on the road full time in a toyhauler. Lately I’ve been eyeing a “super C” Motorhome for a handful of reasons. Seeing this on the lakebed had me rethinking… despite not addressing any of the reasons for switching , I still want to build one, because it’s more awesome.

IMG_5146.jpeg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Last summer I quit my job and took my family on the road full time in a toyhauler. Lately I’ve been eyeing a “super C” Motorhome for a handful of reasons. Seeing this on the lakebed had me rethinking… despite not addressing any of the reasons for switching , I still want to build one, because it’s more awesome.

View attachment 169119
What super C’s have you been looking at?