Tool

Meat_

Banned
Herzog said:
Keep listening. Pay more attention to it. You will see the light. ;)
:rofl: It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I'm a bit disapointed. Same goes for the new Pear Jam and the new Peppers. The new Godsmack is about on par with Godsmack though.

ZUKEYPR

Meat_ said:
:rofl: It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I'm a bit disapointed. Same goes for the new Pear Jam and the new Peppers. The new Godsmack is about on par with Godsmack though.

I agree with everything except the tool issue. Maybe if you hook up one more linear amp you'll see the light.:D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Meat_ said:
:rofl: It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I'm a bit disapointed.

I felt the same way for the first 3 days of listening to it. Now I can't get away from the album.

I've been a long time fan of Tool, since the Opiate days and I love the direction that they have gone with the past 2 albums. This new album seems to me like a "back to roots" kind of album, but includes their niche for technical song composition.

Just listen to how good their signature times flow. Most of the time you won't even mentally notice that they are in odd times. They've definately mastered that, it's nice to hear something like this come out of music these days, especially with the abundance of 4/4 "bump bump bump bump" music out there today. (I have no other way to explain it, other than "crap")

Meat_

Banned
I've had it since April 22
ugh.gif
and I've listened to it several times.... I liked it the first time, I don't have any complaints on how well they play (/me don't music none, couldn't hold a beat to save my life) It's just that for me the new stuff doesn't hold a candle to Sober, Schism, Stinkfist, H., Forty Six and 2, Ænima....

But you've convinced me to hit play on the new one again

Last edited:

ZUKEYPR

Herzog said:
I felt the same way for the first 3 days of listening to it. Now I can't get away from the album.

I've been a long time fan of Tool, since the Opiate days and I love the direction that they have gone with the past 2 albums. This new album seems to me like a "back to roots" kind of album, but includes their niche for technical song composition.

Just listen to how good their signature times flow. Most of the time you won't even mentally notice that they are in odd times. They've definately mastered that, it's nice to hear something like this come out of music these days, especially with the abundance of 4/4 "bump bump bump bump" music out there today. (I have no other way to explain it, other than "crap")

WOW! exactly, I could of never put it in words such as that. Danny Carey is probably the best drummer that I have ever heard.............ever and I go back quite aways. Sure some of the other old timers will immediately jump on it and say Neil Peart but then again that's probably one of about only six drummers that they could even name. The only drummers that are even in the same ballpark would be Nick Mason, Ian Paice and perhaps Butch Trucks. As for their bassist Justin Chancellor, he can only be out done by Flee of the notorious RHCP.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I don't think it is their best, but it is so much better than anything else out there lately it is not even funny. It is also neat to hear an album that is not obviously mastered for Ipods and radio for a change, there is actually some dynamic range. Can't wait to see them live again. They are on my list of top 5 live acts ever and I have literaly seen hundreds of great concerts.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
so i have found some info that there is a secret song in 10,000 days.it involves mashing 3 songs together to make it.

wings for marie pt. 1 and viginti tres right after it. those 2 songs add up to 11:13 minutes. you then have to mesh 10000 days (wings pt.2 which is also 11:13 minutes) over top of the other two to make one track.

JeeperG

Badger said:
wings for marie pt. 1 and viginti tres right after it. those 2 songs add up to 11:13 minutes. you then have to mesh 10000 days (wings pt.2 which is also 11:13 minutes) over top of the other two to make one track.

Actually its Viginti Tres First then Wings for Marie (Part 1). With 10,000 days (wings part 2) over it. Vignette Tres is latin for 23...the number for synchronicity"