Top ten things that sucked about the Yotafari

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
10. Getting up at 2:30 AM to start driving to Moab.
9. Having the Clerk at City Market lie to you about how old the sandwich you just bought is.
8. Having two racing motorcyles come around a blind corner at high speed on the wrong side of the road and only being able to avoid one of them.
7. Breaking unfortunate motorcylist's leg in two places, and both ankles.
6. Bending motorcycle in half rendering it a big heavy pile of junk.
5. Ripping 7 inch gash in sidewall of a 38" SX rendering it a big heavy pile of junk.
4. Breaking spring center pin, shock, traction bar, and beadlock wheel rendering Jeep a big heavy pile of junk.
3. Having police write you a ticket for not having pile of junk registered.
2. Going home at midnight after not sleeping for 24 hours, and then having to tow trailer to storage yard because if you don't, you know it will be towed away by morning.
1. Waking up at home on Saturday morning when you should be doing Upper Helldorado and Upper Proving Grounds that day.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
That sucks. Any pics? I for one would like to see a 38 sx with that damage.

side note: anymore info on your hyro assist?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Hydro assist rules! I have been using it since about a week before Farmington, and it makes a huge difference. Saginaw boxes can be tricky to port, cuz you have to keep track of all the recirculating balls that fall out when you take it apart, and you have to get them all back in, in the right order when you reassemble it. This trip I was testing my two day old automatic tranny! They rule too! Man, it makes tough stuff really easy, and it was working great! I was really excited to really put it to the test on Upper Proving Grounds. Oh well, maybe next time...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by spencurai
when are you filing a lawsuit against the rider.....
I have no intention of doing anything like that. Stuff happens, and he definately got the ass end of this deal. He seemed like a cool guy, and my Jeep will be fixed and wheeling long before he is out of his wheelchair.:eek:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Two inch bore, eight inch stroke ram from NPS, seems to work well, although a 1.5 inch bore probably would be better. Yup, I drilled out the hole in my pump and notched the end to increase flow. At low idle it is still slower than I can turn the wheel, but any faster engine speed and I can turn the wheel as fast as I want. Be careful if you do modify your pump, after I did mine the pump whines at high RPMs. Don't know if it will be okay, or if it is doomed to an early failure, but it sure did make the ram work well!:D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Damn! How fast did the guy on the Bike hit you? That sucks to hear about..... especially his end of the deal!

Did you have anyone riding with you? Did you guys come out OK?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I dont have a speedometer, so I don't really know, but I would assume I was going between 30 and 40, Motorcycle was going considerably faster, I came over hill, found two bikes side by side on my side of the road, locked up my brakes, and tried to split the difference. The guy on my left went by, the guy on my right laid the bike down under my passenger side front tire. Bike, rider, and Jeep were all left very crippled. I was, of course, just fine. I left the Jeep and went to the hospital to check on the rider, and by the time I got back Carl and Tim had retrieved both vehicles and were headed back out with them on Tim's trailer.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

Is mine next :D

Sorry too hear about your bad deal down there... at least everyone will be OK... tires and bikes can be fixed...:)

Do you have a Saginaw box? Toy boxes would be Carl's Juris Diction...:D