Jeep Totally Confused~ Yukon Dana 30 Disconnect Block off Kit (seals and plate)

plaidfro

I posted this in Pirate as well as I am totally lost. I am total confused on exactly which one and where these seals go that are in this kit from Yukon; Item# YAW39147-KIT:

M4675657

I have a solid TJ axle shaft installed on the pass side of my Dana 30 in a '94 Jeep Wrangler. The receipt has simple directions on it: "blue/green stepped seal goes on drivers side and red OR gray seal goes on pass side. (no seals go in the disconnect housing!)"

I thought that one seal goes in the diff housing on the pass side and then one seal goes on the outer side in the disconnect housing itself. The directions clearly say "no seals go in the disconnect housing" so does a seal go on the very outside of the passenger side axle and the other inside the diff on the pass side? Or is one of these seals for the driver side shaft inside the diff housing... which wouldn't make total sense to me why it would be in this kit.

Please chime in and help me understand this, thanks in advance.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
BC has posted in your Pirate thread, and he is correct - the seals go in the diff on both sides. Your TJ shaft only has a seal surface right near the splines, so this is the only place the seal can go. The disconnect housing doesn't need to be sealed from the outer tube anymore.

plaidfro

So Basically this KIT places the correct sized seal (all silver seal in the pic) for the smaller diameter TJ shaft on the passenger side INSIDE the differential housing. and if I understand correctly the Red/Gold Seal is the seal for the short driver side shaft and seals INSIDE the differential housing.

So BOTH these seals go INSIDE the differential one on one side and one on the other?

D30YukonDisconnectKitSeals.jpg

Then the plate is just to pull all the just off the disconnect housing and seal it up cleanly.

Last edited:

plaidfro

Final question... I believe that Tyson(Cascadia) referred me to a guy named Nate in Santaquin who could put these seals in for a fair price. Nate may be an RME guy? I would love to learn how to do this and could provide a second set of hands for the work.

Last edited:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Final question... I believe that Tyson(Cascadia) referred me to a guy named Nate in Santaquin who could put these seals in for a fair price. Nate may be an RME guy? I would love to learn how to do this and could provide a second set of hands for the work.

It's N8RB8R and he is indeed a good dude.:)

plaidfro

It's N8RB8R and he is indeed a good dude.:)

I called him about a month ago about it... but now I have the seals to put in so I left him a message and hope that I can get this done before the weekend. I have to remember to not park anywhere with the front passenger axle in a droop.