Tote Gote's any collectors?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Ok, I'm following now.... :D

I've got 3 Gotes, and a couple Blazers. And enough parts to build a radical "Gote Chopper", if I ever get that much spare time....

Mine are all striaght from the 60's, and unrestored. We'll ride em as pit bikes on the salt flats once or twice a year, and that's about it anymore.

There was a Tote-Gote soccer league in the valley in the 60's, which all of these competed in.

I figured I would ask to see if anyone shares my interest in collecting and restoring Gotes maybe make a few friends and such

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Had one, wish I would have kept it. There is an awesome old magazine article about a Boy Scout troop that crossed the middle of the San Rafael Swell (pre-I70) on Tote-Gotes (a Utah original of course). As I recall they had fuel flown in along the way?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
LOL I used to ride my Tote Goat to junior high back in the day. -5* outside and I'd be tearing it up all the way to class :greg: No wonder chicks hated me--I smelled like gasoline all the time :rolleyes:

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
19Sept2010Goteapart0001.jpg

Model 600 I'm rehabbing. Decided to use a Harbor Freight 6.5 HP Honda clone motor. The original motor just needed too many things. I still need a front tire, throttle and brakes. But for the most part, I have all I need. Just need time after I have my knee replaced.

rollover

My father had 2 Trail Blazers (the deluxe version of the Tote Gote) that we had in the family until 2 years ago. He bought the first two Trail Blazers In the Salt Lake Valley from the dealer. The large Chevron tires on the rear gave it traction anywhere.
The high low gearing was the first of kind in its larger mini bike form. The Army used them for their special forces for a short time. The trike version was one of the first UTV's with its flat bed and dump bed.
Dad designed a slider type bar out of pipe to replace the foot pegs that always killed your feet.
The hours I've spent on them was always full of fun and enjoyment.

del0075

19Sept2010Goteapart0001.jpg

Model 600 I'm rehabbing. Decided to use a Harbor Freight 6.5 HP Honda clone motor. The original motor just needed too many things. I still need a front tire, throttle and brakes. But for the most part, I have all I need. Just need time after I have my knee replaced.

kinda wish i would of kept it....

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
I've got an old Bonanza minibike like the one pictured below. I fixed it up a few years ago and geared for 35mph using a 5hp briggs, way too fast lol. I've got an electric golf cart motor that I modified to a briggs output shaft. I'd like to put that on it if I ever find 4 small batteries.

33bilhd.jpg

STAG

On my grind
fwiw NPS in Salt Lake always has a good stock of the small batteries your talking about for an affordable price. could be worth checking out. Also that blue on the minibike looks great.

R

rockdog

Tote Goats, I grew up on them. Can tell you a lot about em. They were invented by a guy from PG. Can't remember his first name, but his last was Bonham (sp) They grew into Skyline industry's. They started out with a three horse briggs model with no front shocks. Then a five horse model with shock forks. Then a six horse w/shock forks. Then up to an eight with front and back suspension. The most kickass was the mini goat. It had a five horse, suspension front and back. It hauled ass.
The trail blazer was a tote goat knock off. I spent literally days and days on em as a kid in AF canyon. Still to this day remember the day me and my dad rode up to the mines above Silver Lake reservoir. He takes out his collapsing aluminum cup out of the front leather bag on the forks and we had the coldest drink of water running out of the mine. He says, you'll never get fresher water than that son. ....... Hell we had no idea back then we were drinking a cocktail of heavy metals!!!

Rbknslyr

I know this is an ancient thread. I just acquired a Blazer that appears to be complete. I'm looking for any information that I can find. Thanks.