South-East Utah Touring Moab with grandma

Tonkaman

Every year I take my grandma out for a grand adventure. Technically this is our annual hiking trip but this year I want to give her a back country tour of my favorite areas. In years past we have toured Zion, hiked Angels landing, Goblin Valley, Ding & Dang canyons, Little Wildhorse etc.

Since my grandma is 75 now I am trying to steer her into shorter hikes with more views from a car window. This year I want to rent a jeep or Razor and tour Moab. I plan to take her on fairly easy trails just to keep her from bouncing around too much. The main goal of the trip will be the scenery, those panoramic views that we all love!

I need some help planning the details.
Can anyone help me out with jeep/razor rental rates?
Any input on which I should rent?
What are your favorite stunningly scenic trails in the area?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
To get started Fisher Towers, Bull Canyon, Gemini Bridges, Long Canyon, and Tusher Tunnel are all fairly free of really bumpy roads and very scenic.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Can't keep up with Granny on the hikes anymore, Eh?

Have you read in the book yet? That'll give you some good info on which trails you.. or uh, she... can handle.

Tonkaman

I have read they the holy book of Moab and I have some great ideas but I also like extra opinions. I think she can handle moderate trails just as long as they don't constantly bump is around.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Why are you thinking about renting a Jeep as opposed to taking out your Taco? I've never tried to wheel a Toyota but I remember yours being lifted and setup really well.

Tonkaman

Ha ha grandma doesn't hate on Toyota, in fact she explores the US in her Rav4. I was looking into rentals because my dad and siblings might tag along with us. I plan to take the taco unless everyone decides to get razors.

So what's the input on rentals for my family?

ID Bronco

I think Grandma and everyone else would enjoy it more without the dust a Razor would bring. Air Conditioning that time of year is pretty awesome too. But for this snotty kid, less dust = more fun.

Tonkaman

I think Grandma and everyone else would enjoy it more without the dust a Razor would bring. Air Conditioning that time of year is pretty awesome too. But for this snotty kid, less dust = more fun.

That is a good point. I'm going to just commit to taking the tacoma and have my dad rent himself a jeep.

What's everyone's opinion of cliffhanger rentals?