Tow bars

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
The one on my Samuari is the same type. I did weld mine where the "adjustable" points were though, to beef it up a bit. Works great for the lil Sammy, should be fine on a CJ as well.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Gonna tow the new rig with the Blazer? Have you ever flat towed...It can be almost as heart stopping as running some trails, Im sure the angles on the Jeep are correct, But if not you will need to make them so or it wont flat tow.
Just passing along a little first hand info. :)
Good luck, Still hope to see the rig in the hood.

ALF

SURE!?
Brian P said:
Gonna tow the new rig with the Blazer? Have you ever flat towed...It can be almost as heart stopping as running some trails, Im sure the angles on the Jeep are correct, But if not you will need to make them so or it wont flat tow.
Just passing along a little first hand info. :)
Good luck, Still hope to see the rig in the hood.

U4WDA was flat towing it so it's already got the mounts I just needed the Bar. I'll be towing it with my 1/2 ton GMC so i should do okay. Flat towing is new to me so any tips would be appreciated although it will only be flat towed until the Blazer is sold, I'm using the cash for a new trailer:greg:

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
ALF said:
U4WDA was flat towing it so it's already got the mounts I just needed the Bar.

I did not know that :)

ALF said:
I'll be towing it with my 1/2 ton GMC so i should do okay. Flat towing is new to me so any tips would be appreciated although it will only be flat towed until the Blazer is sold, I'm using the cash for a new trailer:greg:

All I can say from the flat towing I have done with our 94 3/4ton Chevy is to have more weight in the back of the bed, I know our FJ40 out weighs the Jeep, But the FJ40 pushed the rearend out on a turn and almost jacknifed, Luckily there wasnt anyone in the oncomming traffic.
Does the Jeep have rear hub's? If not you should remove the rear driveline for trips over 300 miles IIRC even with the trans and T-case in Nuetral there can still be issues, So I have been told, We put a Warn FF kit on the 40.
Good luck, Im sure there will be many other people that have more info, But its a start.
Good luck!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Backing up sucks. I towed an M725 on 36" Swampers home from Phoenix, with a 3/4t GMC 4x4, with a 460 in the bed, and it was SCARY. Just freaking scary. Nearly died outside of Mt.Carmel when wind pushed me over so far that the passenger side tires were just inside the white line of the other lane.... rest of the truck was on the edge of a biiiiiiggggg drop.

And then I towed the 2000lb Rockwell/frame deal home, wiggled and wobbled the whole way home and scrubbed all the tires in funky scallopy patterns.

Flat towing is the SUCK! I hate it.

ALF

SURE!?
Tacoma said:
Backing up sucks. I towed an M725 on 36" Swampers home from Phoenix, with a 3/4t GMC 4x4, with a 460 in the bed, and it was SCARY. Just freaking scary. Nearly died outside of Mt.Carmel when wind pushed me over so far that the passenger side tires were just inside the white line of the other lane.... rest of the truck was on the edge of a biiiiiiggggg drop.

And then I towed the 2000lb Rockwell/frame deal home, wiggled and wobbled the whole way home and scrubbed all the tires in funky scallopy patterns.

Flat towing is the SUCK! I hate it.

so have your buddy buy my Drivetrain so I can buy my trailer:p Then I won't have to flat tow:greg:

burke

With my t-18 and dana 300--I always flat towed with the t-case in neutral and the tranny in 3rd and on my way to moab we would stop at the chevron in wellington and I would start the engine and let it run for a minute (was told this would help oil?).