tow points

whatroad

Whatroad
I just got a 94 wrangler and it has no rear tow points. The guy before me had a hitch that he included with the jeep but I know that is looked at as being un safe this one especially be cause it only has two mounting holes that go through the thin rear cross member. How do i make a new rear tow point?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Your best bet is to buy or make a real bumper, and incororate a good tow point into it (along with a decent tire carrier, if you plan on larger tires).

There was also a rear tow hook offered by the factory, if you want to track one down. Not what I'd suggest, since it hung so low and wasn't all that strong, but an easy option.

You could also mount D rings hanging directly off your frame rails as well.

reddman

Fabber
In a pinch you can always pull on an axle housing too. Just do it in a smart place, for some reason most people don't realize that it's pretty easy to bend an axle housing, even on bigger axles.

YOUKNOW

In a pinch you can always pull on an axle housing too. Just do it in a smart place, for some reason most people don't realize that it's pretty easy to bend an axle housing, even on bigger axles.

Where do you suggest? Near where the axle and the leaf springs meet?