Towing Jeep

Omgbecki

So I'm thinking about maybe towing my jeep down to Texas instead of driving it. I'll be using my Yukon. I have pulled many trailers in my day but never a vehicle for that distance. I know a flat bed trailer is the best option but I don't have one and not sure where I could source one. What options or tips can you guys give me.

Omgbecki

Not cheap, but you can rent a trailer from uhaul. Nice thing is they have surge brakes, so no controller needed.

I was just looking into that. Looks like I'll have to put my baby tires on because their straps only allow for up to 30 inch tires and I don't have tie downs and it would be really hard for me to justify buying tie down straps.

Toad

Are you moving or just headed down for play? If you can swing it I would buy a trailer then sell it when you get back. If you buy it right you might even make money. I have done this twice with enclosed trailers.

Omgbecki

Are you moving or just headed down for play? If you can swing it I would buy a trailer then sell it when you get back. If you buy it right you might even make money. I have done this twice with enclosed trailers.

I'm just heading down for a week.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
In my experience, Uhaul is the least maintained equipment out there. Beg, borrow, or steal another trailer before using Uhaul. Maybe someone on here would be willing to rent you their trailer. I would, but mine needs tires.