Towing to Moab

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Looks like the overall vote is the 6, I live in mapleton so the 6 is my back door. Dabears was asking for me. I will be pulling a 31ft triple axle enclosed race trailer with two rigs inside. My weight will only be around 10k but was worried about soldier summit. Guess if needed 4low we go in the dually lol

Chevycrew

I pulled hwy 6 at reasonable speeds with my 454 crew cab on rockwells and 46's with a trailer and crawler on behind. We crossed the scales in helper at 17,000lbs. No issues with that route.

Caleb

I used to pull that route every couple weeks with my 5.7L Tundra and a 10k lb camp trailer without much effort. That route isn't nearly as bad as say parleys. Atleast that route isn't very steep, just long, so if your momentum drops, you'll have a straight away soon that you can easily pick it back up on.

Chevycrew

The climb wasn't too bad, higher rpms, and I got fairly warm but I had a smallish stock radiator and dual electric fans. I think I averaged around 6mpg that trip to moab.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I have pulled doubles on a open goose neck for years now down highway 6 with no real issues.

We used to do it with an old Chev dually with a 454. With out a decent run, Thistle takes some time and the hill after the skyline drive turn off can slow you down. But that seems like it.

Coming home that hill half way between green river and Wellington needs a good run too. :)

now pulling with a single rear wheel CTD and heavier rigs on the trailer it isn't a big deal at all. I prefer the pull to Moab per the pull to st George.

Thinking about it I need to get mine on a scale, I am betting CTD 8800#, two fat trail rigs 4500# each and a 25+' gooseneck trailer 4000#?