Towing to Moab

gertsch

I pull my 97 wrangler with my 88 extended cab f150 with the 351w to Moab taking highway 6. Only took me an hour longer then is did driving the wrangler down. I'd go highway 6. It's a breeze.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
70 is 62 miles longer. You exit I-15 at Nephi and head south on 28. You catch 70 at Salina. It is steep, long pulling. It is far better traffic, especially on a holiday. Highway 6 is a high risk road because it is nearly all single lane. People pass without regard for passing legality.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
You will be ok on Hwy6. We tow 2 4Runner's behind an F350 with an IDIT.

I have needed 2nd gear but never 4low.

Take it slow and keep the rpm's up, have a great time!

70 is 62 miles longer. You exit I-15 at Nephi and head south on 28. You catch 70 at Salina. It is steep, long pulling. It is far better traffic, especially on a holiday. Highway 6 is a high risk road because it is nearly all single lane. People pass without regard for passing legality.

I would generally agree with that, except I would stay on 15 until Scipio and take 50 over to Salina.

However, the hills on 70 suck way worse than the hills on 6. I took that route home from the Swell a few years ago rather than hwy 10.

And it seems that 6 has gotten better over the last few years.

UFAB

If your worried about hills, might rethink tow vehicle capabilities. UHP love pulling over sketch loads..

Looks like the overall vote is the 6, I live in mapleton so the 6 is my back door. Dabears was asking for me. I will be pulling a 31ft triple axle enclosed race trailer with two rigs inside. My weight will only be around 10k but was worried about soldier summit. Guess if needed 4low we go in the dually lol

31' triple axle enclosed is only 10,000 with two rigs inside? Superlight trailer and rigs! Our double load is closer to 12,500.