towing two jeeps?

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
Looking to get a tow vehicle that could handle towing two rigs. Has anyone ever towed two rigs before? What was your setup? Thanks for the info!

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
all the times that I have seen a rig with two Jeeps in tow, it was a desiel (enter brand name here) one ton, usually a dually. And a really big goose-neck trailer :greg:

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Yep, diesel for sure if you are pulling 2 rigs. I have seen it done on a bumper pull, but I wouldn't do it. Two rigs mean a big trailer and heavy load. 5th wheel/gooseneck is the way to go. You could do ok with a single rear wheel, but dually would be nicer....

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
put them on one of these.

twocarwedge.jpg

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
nvrstuk said:
Looking to get a tow vehicle that could handle towing two rigs. Has anyone ever towed two rigs before? What was your setup? Thanks for the info!

I pull two rigs all the time.

I have a 99 dodge CTD 3/4 ton quad cab long bed with the 1 ton axles and springs and a goose neck trailer with a 25' bed.

I can haul my scrambler and my buddys 4 runner both with a 107' wheelbase with no sweat.

the ctd is turned up a little bit and the trailer has dual axle brakes, but nothing special. My dad used to pull the same thing with a 1 ton chev with a 454...

I don't think 10k will get you the same set up, but 5K should get you the trailer. :greg:

R

rockdog

I pull two toyota trucks with no problem. I have an 01 one ton single wheel power stroke. A twenty seven foot gooseneck. I have a nephew who pulled two jeeps with a twenty two foot tongue pull. He did'nt seem to have problems. But pulled it with a one ton. He's since changed to a gooseneck. I guess what I'm trying to point out is make sure you have an adequate trailer and truck to do the job. I see twenty six foot house trailers being pulled by zj's and durango's all the time. Will they do it? You bet. Would I do it? Hell no!!!!

Bud

'98 ZJ
rockdog said:
I pull two toyota trucks with no problem. I have an 01 one ton single wheel power stroke. A twenty seven foot gooseneck. I have a nephew who pulled two jeeps with a twenty two foot tongue pull. He did'nt seem to have problems. But pulled it with a one ton. He's since changed to a gooseneck. I guess what I'm trying to point out is make sure you have an adequate trailer and truck to do the job. I see twenty six foot house trailers being pulled by zj's and durango's all the time. Will they do it? You bet. Would I do it? Hell no!!!!

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.........

Bud

'98 ZJ
Supergper said:
that trailer would never work (as-is) with that truck...have you seen how tall those trucks are? They are WAY freakin tall. (But its nice to dream :D)
How about this one............

Attachments

• new truck.JPG
    new truck.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 7