Toy Exo Cage

Max Power

Bryce
One of my final projects on my toy was finished this week. With the help of a friend it turned out great. I havn't posted up pics of my build because I am lazy. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• cage 2.jpg
    cage 2.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 62
  • cage 1.jpg
    cage 1.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 61

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
Looks nice:) One thing to consider thou, it doesn't look like the back brace by the window will be very strong to hold up to a roll over. How you have it bent out then across actualy makes it weaker. Just a thought but looks clean:)

Max Power

Bryce
Looks nice:) One thing to consider thou, it doesn't look like the back brace by the window will be very strong to hold up to a roll over. How you have it bent out then across actualy makes it weaker. Just a thought but looks clean:)
It is bent out for clearance reasons.

Max Power

Bryce
Here are some better pics of the cage and sliders. The hydro assist was finished this week along with jonny joint shackles in the rear. However the hydraulic ram trail gear sent me had a defect on the surface of one of the threaded nipples so it leaks like a german u-boat. So I will call trail gear tomorrow to get that straightened out. I think I am going to take off the fender flares since it is now a trailer queen. Tomorrow new Bilsteins go on along with some paint on the cage and front bumper.

Attachments

• 2011-03-06 18.05.25.jpg
    2011-03-06 18.05.25.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 2011-03-06 18.05.59.jpg
    2011-03-06 18.05.59.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 36

Max Power

Bryce
Thanks. Still waiting to hear back from trail-gear about the ram. They are giving me the run around. I also noticed a good puddle of oil under my truck this morning. It has never leaked like this before. I think it is the fron main seal(22re). Will these seals go from letting your truck sit and not driving them for a while?

Max Power

Bryce
The cage is .120 wall hrew. The sliders are dom. The oil leak is weird. It dripped about a half cup of oil last night and after I wiped it up this morning it hasn't dripped anything.

Max Power

Bryce
It hasn't been on a trail in a couple years. That will change this easter.
To do list:

change trans fluid
Install new ram
Wire up offroad lights
Change front main seal if needed
Paint cage
install shocks
Bolt in harnesses

Max Power

Bryce
Tested the ARB no leaks. The seats are Corbeau Baja XP's, they are very comfortable. I have their three point harnesses mostly installed.

Attachments

• 2010-12-19 15.04.52.jpg
    2010-12-19 15.04.52.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 2010-11-12 15.31.27.jpg
    2010-11-12 15.31.27.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 8