Toy guys, looking for a lil' input...

... on these All-Pro Toy/ Jeep johnny-joint shackles. They look pretty damn slick, but pricey as hell, 'course then, what isn't. The bushings are gone in my *cough* Rusty's 1.5" rear shackles and I'm getting some spring wrap from it. :rolleyes:

It doesn't specify, but I'm guessing they're setup for YJs, so that won't be a problem getting them under the XJ.:D

0516.jpg

Directly from All-Pro:

Johnny Joint Shackle Mount

This new rear shackle hanger incorporates a Johnny Joint in each shackle to allow increased movement of the shackle. Unit welds directly to bottom of frame. Works with many different springs and suspension systems for increased flexibility. Greasable bolt design. Johnny Joint weld on mounts (pair) without shackles $99. Complete Johnny Joint Shackles (as pictured) $169 pair.

Any thoughts fellas?

Last edited:

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Those, as pictured, would not fit an XJ. XJ shackles fit up into a socket, not over a hanger as the one pictured.

Second, it has been my experiece, especially on XJ's, that rubber bushings are best. XJ's have very large rubber spring bushings, and the rubber transfers less noise/vibration to the uni-frame. You will get plenty of flex with them in quality springs.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Hey Jason...

The rear shackle hanger (box or whatever) can be modified for you to use that JohnnyJoint setup.

...or...

Maybe take your worn out Shackle and hack off the bushing casing and weld a Johnny joint casing in it's place. I don't know what width the Johnny Joint casings are off the top of my head or if they will match the original width of the shackle.

Just a thought.

Well, the best way to get those on there would be to "cap" off the stock hangers (if that makes any sense) with a piece of steel plate welded in. Atleast, thats what I was thinking. This way, I could set my lift height as I want it by increasing the size of the steel plate over the stock hangers. I'd only be looking to get the same height as the Rusty's shackles (1.5"). The only road vibes I get are from the rear wrap; I've got the front dialed - rides like a Caddy.:D :D So anything less-vibe'd than the wrap is fine by me.:D The Rusty's have been giving me wrap since day-1, so it was just a matter of time till the bushings killed themselves.

Shane, you could be onto something there, I'll take a closer look at that tomorrow if I get some time. Thanks guys.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Looks like they'd work well. I know that aor has great results in there original design. It's fairly cheep for what you'd get too. pulls all the tention off the springs and will allow them to "twist" with less hinderance. I didn't even know that all-pro was bandwagoning that way. thats cool. What are they going on? sounds like a heep. so what do you need a real truck guys opinion for?

Well, I figured since All-Pro was originally geared towards Toys, I'd get better feedback.:D

Anyways, it would definitely work, but I'm short on the cash, the Heep is needing other shiat, so I'll have to settle until I get the funds.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
there are guys making pivoting shackle out there too. alot on POR. just search a little and you will find it. I have already tried a little bit with pivots....kinda tricky