Toyo tires sponsoring UROC--do they even have a MT tire?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
so Toyo must have something in development in the way of a rockcrawling tire or else why would they invest in UROC and POR advertising? Anyone know the skinny?

Cody

Vonski

nothing to see here...
A typical M/T is in the works from what I have gathered...

As you've seen, nothing in their current line-up is worth running.

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Good question...

Here's Toyo's official take:

According to Earl Knoper, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation, “We are excited to be associated with UROC and the growing sport of rock crawling. Toyo supports the lifestyle of outdoor sports enthusiasts, while our line of Open Country tires contribute to that lifestyle.” The Open Country line of light truck tires from Toyo are premium quality, ensuring consistency and long lasting performance. Open Country radials provide stability for dual-purpose pickups and SUV’s which haul travel trailers, campers and/or outdoor recreation equipment to rugged territory. Their high-performance construction provides optimum traction in the dry, wet or off-highway. Toyo Tires® Open Country radials are available in a wide variety of sizes and load ratings to meet your specific application.

Mike's Translation ----> Toyo is struggling to survive in this crappy economy and our stock price is just over a buck a share and we just got de-listed from the stock exchange. We'll try anything to stay afloat even if that means pimpin' hot teenage girls to rednecks at rock crawl comps.

I need to go to bed :D

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Mike_Lib
Mike's Translation ----> Toyo is struggling to survive in this crappy economy and our stock price is just over a buck a share and we just got de-listed from the stock exchange. We'll try anything to stay afloat even if that means pimpin' hot teenage girls to rednecks at rock crawl comps.

I need to go to bed :D

So, how many shares of the Toyo stock do YOU have Mike? LOL

I'm suspecting the same thing. I believe that Toyo is not interested in the tires competitiors will use, but the tires the average Joe will run on his car, pickup, tow rig, or "mall wheeler".

BFG and Toyo currently co-exist at the events. I doubt BFG cares about what little market Toyo has or will have in the realm of real off-road tires.

Thats my take anyway...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Vonski

So, how many shares of the Toyo stock do YOU have Mike? LOL

I'm suspecting the same thing. I believe that Toyo is not interested in the tires competitiors will use, but the tires the average Joe will run on his car, pickup, tow rig, or "mall wheeler".

BFG and Toyo currently co-exist at the events. I doubt BFG cares about what little market Toyo has or will have in the realm of real off-road tires.

Thats my take anyway...

like an annoying gnat of some sort....BFG has little competetion besides goodyear and interco.

how many BFG ATs do you see run down the road on TJs every day....

I have NEVER even seen a toyo tire...on anything....

grinch

inner city redneck
At one point and time Steve and I were talking to Toyo about sponcership then we wrecked the rig, Steve got lazy, bla bla bal.
They are supposed to be having some new mudders comming out.
At one point and time they were talking of comming out with a 40" x 20" and who knows how wide tire...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Mike_Lib

:D Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaa!!