toyota 22r carb issues

yotis 4x4

wheelin=church:)
i have problems keeping my truck running when im on steep inclines and i hear if i turn my weber carb around backwards then it will run better? is this true? any other suggestions?

zukking01

IT is true..... BUT it will then die when you are facing down. I did the reverse weber only to fund out when I went down a hill the engine would flood out and die. THey you lose power steering and brake booster.

Take your pic. Have it flood going up or down.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Webers on Toyota's bring the suckyness offroad for 98% of people out there. I have fiddled with them a lot and although they are simple to work on they just do not compare with the stock carbs offroad imo.

Stock Aisin carbs will hold some very impressive angles if the floats are adjusted to where the needle shuts off fuel when the fuel level is visible in the bottom 1/4 of the inspection window. You need to do this or you will never be happy with it on any incline... This link will help:

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165996&highlight=stock+carb

R

rockdog

Run a hose off of the overflow tube as well as the float adjustment. Punch a hole in your air cleaner and run the hose to the charcoal canister if it's still in the truck. It will run on a pretty steep angle then.

zukking01

I have ALL the parts to a carbed 22r > even have a good blcok with warped head and tons of new parts. CHEAP!!!