Toyota toyota 3.4l missfire cylinder 3

outdoorsman1218

i have 1997 t-100 3.4l, recently blew head gasket. had both heads done. put back together. has miss #3 cylinder. replaced plugs and wires. move coils around. checked for vacuum leaks. still says missfire on #3 cylinder

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
What plugs are you using? I learned the hard way (twice :rolleyes:) that 3.4's need to have the proper spark plugs. My last one only took two weeks after installing new plugs to misfire and that was using Denso plugs. If you didn't get them through the Toyota dealer there is a very high probability they are the wrong ones. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Andrew

ps. Were the heads replaced or just the gaskets?

ricsrx

good luck on this one, I fought that problem. #3 misfire haha.. the more I moved shit around the more confusing it got. I have a coil you can use for testing, I bought it when I had it nailed down to a coil, so I thought. if it works I will make you a hell of a deal.

in the end I replaced the 02 sensor and #6 injector. what a pain in the craper for that injector.

outdoorsman1218

had heads re surfaced, by our local machine shop. guys good. said no cracks. ngk plugs. replaced the miss fire one. no change. tore off intake tonight. moved injector. see if the miss moves. pulled all coils out one at a time. still plugged in nto harness, and put old plug in to see if there was spark. all three firing.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
I have also had this issue, went through all the who ha.. Turned out to be a bad plug boot at the end of the wire, BUT if yours are new its not likely.. I know its a wild swing, but Clean the crap out of any ground you can find.