toyota automatic with duals??

pELYgroso

'Merica
anybody have any experience with the "gear slug" or inchworm dual t case adapter for the older gen toyota auto tranny? I know that marlin made an adapter for the newer auto tranny but i'm looking to dual up my '86 'runner's auto tranny. anybody?

tola1987

Gear Slug... I know a guy that ran an auto in his toy with 38 inch tires and 5.29 gears... he went everywhere... I dont see a prob dual n it up... a lot of guys run a th 350 with dual t cases... toy t cases are bad ass... If it is already four wheel drive with the crawl box you should not have a prob putting duals... if you have the old style case it should be 21 one spline... and all you would have to do is order marlins dual adapter "they are on sale know" and find a donor t case that is top shift and you would be ready to ROCK

Last edited:

pELYgroso

'Merica
I have a donor dual case set up ready to go, I"m only wondering which adapter to buy. Inchworm and gear slug are the only ones for the older toyota auto tranny. Marlin's is for the newer auto tranny. I'm pretty stoked on the idea of having the auto with the duals, i'm having problems finding feedback on either of the adapters though.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
inchworm is the one to go with. they have sold more of there set ups and are all over pirate with good feedback. the guy that runs inchworm knows his stuff to. when i was looking into this set up i only concidered inchworm.

go to pirate and search it out over there alot of people like the duals on the autos talk about low low gearing.

are you running stock duals or 4.7s in one case?

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
good choice with the 4.7s in there its to low the only time you would need that is in very very technical crawling with the stock cases its very low but still usable.

pELYgroso

'Merica
true, true. But, I already have a dual stock case set up waiting to throw in, so I'll prolly go with that. I am mainly wondering which adapter to get, the inchworm or gear slug? Thanks for the input though. :)