Toyota Brake Question

chans

I have a problem on my 94 truck where if it is not running and I push in the clutch on a steep hill I have no brakes and roll backwards. If it is running then the brakes are awesome, as good as my Tacoma. I made sure the brakes were adjusted and because its newer, I have the better master cylinder. Any other options or is this the best the stock brakes can do with 35" tires and no vacuum? Thanks

Max Power

Bryce
I do not have that problem in my 89 Toyota Pickup. It sounds like something is wrong to me but I am not sure what it is.

chans

sounds like the one way check valve in the brake booster hose going into the intake has gone bad, replace the check valve

So I figured I would post this up in case someone else has this problem in the future. It took me awhile to buy the check valve since it was only available special order at the dealer and every part store and even the dealer looked at me like I was smoking something when asking about it. I had to show them on their computer what part I needed. On top of that it was a $40 small piece of plastic. Pulling out the old one released a ton of air from the booster so I thought the new one wouldn't help but as soon as I installed it the brakes had a bunch more stopping power, both running and turned off. It looks like all the other boosters have the valve attached to them and not in the line like this.IMAG0127.jpg