Toyota Carb to EFI writeups anyone?

simplyXJ

Hey I'm swaping in an EFI system into my runner but need some help! It's more complicated then I thought it would be. Does anyone have any good writeups? HELP!!! Thanks!

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I don't know a whole lot about it, but I do remember one back in the day(Search the early years of RME:D ) where the truck moved into the garage for just such a swap and never emerged in one piece ever again. :D :D

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I don't know a whole lot about it, but I do remember one back in the day(Search the early years of RME:D ) where the truck moved into the garage for just such a swap and never emerged in one piece ever again. :D :D

You talking about Greg's? It was more than *just* an EFI swap, it was a Supra motor. To start with, anway.....

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I was just searching and found the same thing. Good call--I completely forgot he bought that from me. :eek:

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Funny thing is I am considering the seemingly simple kind of change that could possibly put my perfectly running trail and freeway cruising rig out of service for awfully long time, hopefully not forever.

simplyXJ

so what happened with his swap? I looked at the post but didn't see... Any one else have advice? I have the EFI harness already installed because minewas fried so I got the rest of the efi system. If it's not worth doing what should I do?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
so what happened with his swap? I looked at the post but didn't see... Any one else have advice? I have the EFI harness already installed because minewas fried so I got the rest of the efi system. If it's not worth doing what should I do?

Greg got it done, and it was leaking coolant from between the block and head. He was frustrated and yanked it all out and started a Supra swap. Turned out to be a VERY simple mistake, easily corrected and it should have run great. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20, huh?

camicaztoy

you know whats funny? i think that project of gregs and all its pieces were cursed. i bought the supra motor from him and it still doesnt run. as a matter of fact its sitting quietly in the corner of my garage.:rofl: