toyota clutch questions

mwmx54

well for the last couple weeks my clutch has started to slip oh yeah it only has about 5-10k tops on it, and tonight on my way home(from picking up all the new clutch parts) it went. it started slipping really bad. then when i pushed in the clutch there was a little pop and i made it about 100 more yards before it was just slipping so bad it wouldn't even move. i know what a clutch smells like and it was bad! can anyone confirm that it is my clutch, knowing that it only has 5-10k tops.

notajeep

Just me
Sounds like a clutch to me. Though might want to chcek\replace your master and slave cylnders (sp) While you are at it.

leorn

reset
I forget what made mine go, but there was oil leaking onto the fly wheel I believe it was which cracked. the symptoms of mine were different. I would check it for hairline cracks while your in there.

78mitsu

I've seen pressure plate bolts that backed out 1/8" cause exactly the failure you are talking about, I buy new bolts make sure they're locktighted with Red and torque them per oe spec +~5%(good measure) aside from that you're looking at either a hung fork or throwout.

if it has an inspection cover, take it off and make sure they're tight.

mwmx54

well the pilot bearing was shot. guess it wasn't changed when my brother did it. getting the new flywheel tommorrow. and then it'll be done.