Toyota engine swap / Shoe horning a 5.3L into a 1993

chicken77

throttle jockey
This will be a terrible build thread with even worse pictures.......... That being said, here we go.

Started out with a 1993 Toyota regular cab, I have done the standard SAS and then dual t-cases, and then I tried to sell it due to an lack of space. When that fell through it was time for a walk through cab and more seating in the rear. Then I just happened to have a set of one tons so hey why not put those under it as well. With one tons you have to have 40's so on they went, and finally after all the other mods my poor little 22re just couldn't hang and it is now time for a little more power. Enter the 5.3L from a 2004 Tahoe. I kept the 4L60e and added a 241C with a Strong box (if it ever arrives). So once again I will say the pics are bad but it kind of shows whats going on. I will update if any one has questions.IMG-20130228-00145.jpgIMG-20140221-00056.jpgoh so close.jpgTruck hood.jpgShifter.jpg

chicken77

throttle jockey
I have all of the wiring done except the O2 sensors, this is a pic of the starter button (red) and the switch above is the 4low switch to the ECM Start switch.jpg

chicken77

throttle jockey
I have fixed the hole in the floor, and I also installed a new fuel tank that has been custom fit with Toyota sending unit for the fuel gauge. I am running an external fuel pump.Floor patch.jpgNew fuel tank.jpg

chicken77

throttle jockey
Here are few more pics, AA headers and engine mounts, Holley low profile oil pan, external trans cooler IMG-20140421-00106.jpgIMG-20140421-00107.jpgIMG-20140421-00108.jpgIMG-20140421-00109.jpg

ricsrx

I love the truck, very clean and super cool. love the industrial E-stop for your start button!

chicken77

throttle jockey
I just bought one from Ebay that is the 255 lph Walbro external pump. I have a tank out of late 80's s10 blazer so this was a good option.

chicken77

throttle jockey
Well, after lots of time and energy the truck is up and running! It took some time due to hunting season and having a cross member built. The engine runs great other than it has lifter knock that will not go away. Drove the truck for a good while yesterday and everything worked like intended. All I need now is to get the front drive line stretched and fix my niosy lifter and she will be ready for some seriuos wheeling.

Kids in the truck.jpgFamily trip.JPG

Last edited: