Toyota guys... Need some help

skybob

So I was helping out my old boss today pick up his drivetrain from his 70 FJ40 and long story short, it's been 2 years, lived in 3 shops, thousands invested and it's sitting in another shop now that says they "will get to it".

He bought it off ebay bone stock, it now has 12 bolt axles front and rear, a build sbc 355, 700R4 trans, and I can't remember what T-case. All GM. It has a spring over on the suspension. The body is off the rig sitting at the painters shop waiting for the rest to get done.

Nobody can figure out how to line everything up. Axles/lift/t case, etc. It's pretty much a mess and he's taken it so many places that claim they can build it and they just mess it up more. Does anyone know a reputable shop that will tell it how it is and get this thing back on the road???

He doesn't have the means to do it himself, or the knowlege. His goal is to have a fun cruiser, and occasional weekend rig. Any help would be awesome!!

rollover

Talk to Kurt Williams at Cruiser Outfitters. (801) 518-3937. Cruiseoutfitters here on RME. Web page Cruiseoutfitters.com.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Out of the ones I listed, Kurt is far and away the most Cruiser-knowledgeable, and very, very well-connected for things like... OE parts and resto stuff. :D

The others are excellent shops that will do a great job on modifications, if that's the way your guy wants to go.