Toyota Recall???

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I have a 96 Toyota 4Runner with saggy rear coil springs. I know that Toyota did a recall on these. I was wondering if my 4Runner was one that got recalled how can I tell???

DewYota

"The 2wd 96-98 where deemed unsafe in some circumstances. They where going to solve this by adding an extra cone bumpstop on top of the rear springs to limit the movement that was unsafe. They decided to do all 96-98 4runners and the 4wd version will get new rear springs and cone bumpstops, the 2wd only bumpstops. They announced this in 02-03. Search a little on yotatech and you should find some more info.

The recall actually didn't have anything to do with the sag, it just happens that the recall work will correct the problem of rear sag for 4wd owners because they replace the springs with the recall.

I will add that the only problems they ever had with the vehicle being unsafe where 2wd 4runners. They just decided to include all 4runners in those years so owners would not be confused if their car was included."

just copied this from that 4runner website. good luck!

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Well it sounds like it was already done :(. Just sucks there sagging again, and they wont do them again. I'll probably start looking at lifts for it soon.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Well it sounds like it was already done :(. Just sucks there sagging again, and they wont do them again. I'll probably start looking at lifts for it soon.

You have several options for the rear.
1-Polyurethane puck from: Daystar, Toytec, Performance Products, etc
2-Old Man Emu replacement springs from Cruiser Outfitters
3-FJ80 FRONT coil springs

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
You have several options for the rear.
1-Polyurethane puck from: Daystar, Toytec, Performance Products, etc
2-Old Man Emu replacement springs from Cruiser Outfitters
3-FJ80 FRONT coil springs

Thanks,

I've been looking around the net the last couple days at all the diffrent options. Toytec seems to have some good prices, I like the OME kit, but don't think my wife would like the price. I'll check out Performance Products, and Daystar.