Toyota Wheel Question

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I think that from the factory they may have had a different offset, but I know they will work back and forth with aftermarket wheels. On the last SAS we did, we pulled the front wheels off, completed the swap and put the same tires and wheels right back on and sent it on its way, no worries.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
it depends on the rims on your ifs.....most of the alluminum ones won't.... i ran my steel ifs runner rims on my SA for a year...

also if you run a spacer they might fit!!

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
the stock IFS rims have to deep of an offset and the tire rubs the steering arm and tie-rod. most aftermarket rims are within a half inch of solid axle. They usually will clear the steering arm, but like with one set I have the weights on the inside of the rim don't and get chewed.

I am not as concerned about getting rims as I am tires... But yeah I am going to be doing a little rim swapping on all 3 trucks.. :D Gotta hurry so those hard core RME thugs don't break our legs over some lame tires.

Yes, this is true.. ;) But he didn't sound overly excited (and I don't blame him) to find some cheap tires to throw on that pickup (though he did offer me some wheels, bless his heart :D ) so I am taking matters into my own hands.

Sorry I won't be able to hang out tonight! I feel bad this is the second time in a row I have gone to Moab and missed someone's birthday.. I am such a jerk. :D

Originally posted by 84 4Runner
If the rims on the old Runner fit the rims on the new Runner, I'll sell ya some stock IFS rims for the old Runner. :) They're perty CHROME! :p

And why do YOU have IFS rims anyway? For all those IFS trucks you have? lol

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
They were on my 4Runner when I bought it. They had huge spacers in there to fit so they wouldn't rub. I think they were the first thing to be replaced on my 4Runner. :)

And you're concerned about missing HIS birthday and not MINE?? I guess that's fair since I don't have anything planned for mine. :p Have fun in Moab!