track bar issues

utekrawler

I bought some new bushings for my rear track bar. The problem I have it that the bushings are just slightly too small for the hole and leaves a little bit of play. Has anyone else had this problem or know where i can get something better. I am trying to work through all this death wobble crap! Haha. Also the bolt holes for the track bar brackets are ovaled out and that is a big problem. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix that? I was thinking welding washers or a new metal plate on.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

reddman

Fabber
You need some "weld washers". Summit machine should have what you need, just take those to a qualified welder and be done with your slop problem.

UFAB

You can always find an SAE washer heavy thickness one size smaller and weld that. Or you can drill a hole in a piece of plate and weld.

Also sometimes you can run a bigger diameter bolt and chase the bushing sleeve out.

Good luck.

The rear is not as bad as the front, or as important.

reddman

Fabber
Did ya find someone to take care of your welding job? I think you'll be glad you went with the Summit ones, they are thicker and made from better steel than any regular washer. I'm a huge proponent of them on suspension and other critical mounts. The only time I've seen a weld washer deform was one on the rear of a desert car that I built that barrel rolled at 80 mph, and he was still able to limp it back to the trailer.

utekrawler

Yeah! Thanks for all of your help! I got it taken care of! So far my death wobble is gone! I am very happy with Summit! They really helped me out! I will definitely go through them in the future!