Tracking down an old truck

Thursty

I’m trying to track down an old truck I built and sold back in 2011. So far I’ve tracked it to Houston, TX by locating people who have owned since then through either mail or social media. I’ve now hit a dead end as the guy who took it to Texas doesn’t remember who he sold it to. They guy was really cool to talk with and said he’d put some feelers out on a Houston area off-road forum to see if he gets any hits. Does anyone here have any suggestions or experience in this area that might help? I do have the VIN. Any help is appreciated. Thanks all.

It’s a 1976 GMC half ton.

Attachments

• 9F3945B1-21C8-49F8-9FE5-D7177D146995.jpeg
    9F3945B1-21C8-49F8-9FE5-D7177D146995.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 29

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I’m trying to track down an old truck I built and sold back in 2011. So far I’ve tracked it to Houston, TX by locating people who have owned since then through either mail or social media. I’ve now hit a dead end as the guy who took it to Texas doesn’t remember who he sold it to. They guy was really cool to talk with and said he’d put some feelers out on a Houston area off-road forum to see if he gets any hits. Does anyone here have any suggestions or experience in this area that might help? I do have the VIN. Any help is appreciated. Thanks all.

Mine was sold in Roosevelt and I’ve thought more than once about tracking it down. Good luck!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

My First truck was similar to that. Same year and model with two tone silver paint. Wish I still had it.