Trail Air Compressor

OB1

I'm wanting to know what kind of air compressor I should get for airing my tires back up. Should it be portable or mounted to the rig? I've seen alot of different ones out there but of couse I want the most bang for my buck. Any info will be helpful. Thanks

It's for my 07 JK thats driven daily.

UFAB

VIAR 100% duty cycle models

We run dual 480c's in our shop rig, run air tools, etc. 2 gallon tank with gauge, switched..

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
FYI, the Viair compressors generally have the same-ish model available in a 100% duty cycle version, or a something-less% duty cycle. (I don't remember the specific number) The lower duty cycle versions provide more CFM than the 100%ers. That's the trade-off....be able to use the thing constantly, or have more air delivery for shorter duration.

Which is best for you would depend on several factors--intended use, whether you have a storage tank and how large it is, etc.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I have a viair I'd sale you. I can't remember which one it is right off, but its a big one. Airs up 35s with no problem. Its also plumbed for an air locker as well. How does $100 sound?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have a 90p, and it's too small. It works, but airing up 33's takes a good half hour.

So whatever you do, get one bigger than that. :D

I've got a 550c if I remember correctly, with a 2gal tank... airs up 38's no prob. My only complaint is tank size --- running the air over hydraulic jack, impact, and airing up all at once can be taxing on such a tiny tank...... ;)

OB1

Thanks, I've been looking at the VIAIR and by reading everyone's reply's it seems to be the one to go with. 450 or bigger and at least a 2 gallon tank minnimum.