Trail in ephraim

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
TooeleBronco said:
Can you just run the trail till you get to the gate and then turn around or does the real trail start after the gate?

No, the gate is on the main road leading into the property. The trail goes up a stream bed, thus, no need for a gate. It's well known that it is private, even without a gate and should be respected.

harkinoff

something to do...
I know one thing, the guy is pretty bent about his stuff being vandaled, his tractor has had about 1000.00 dollars worth of damage as well. All this guy asks is to take care of his land and possessions, just like any of us. This guy is going to be pretty choosy from now on.

mswasey

Bronco Molester
DUDE, there is actually a wire gate going in but it is usually open so you most likely didn't notice. Just getting to the trail you have to cross 2 different land owners property. I was not making any accusations or pointing any fingers, merely stating the obvious, that we have all got to be very conscious about our decisions because the land closure eye (whether public or private) is always on us.

rockdog said:
There was'nt a locked gate going in. Not a gate of any kind. The gate was on the way out! This was a year and a half ago. So Chill dude.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
mswasey said:
DUDE, there is actually a wire gate going in but it is usually open so you most likely didn't notice. Just getting to the trail you have to cross 2 different land owners property. I was not making any accusations or pointing any fingers, merely stating the obvious, that we have all got to be very conscious about our decisions because the land closure eye (whether public or private) is always on us.

well said mike. theres actually three land owners. And a new gate going in at the bottom.

Got your PM, and replied. sent you message about mini-moab trip on the 9th Chad, my dad and most the rest of the crew will be there.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Are there any other good trails down in that area? Some friends and I are going down there for the demolition derby in Fairview around the 24th, maybe we'll have to take the jeeps on Friday to camp and do some wheeling!
Devin

Jones

Geepfreak said:
We ran the trail 1 1/2 years ago, the Guy we contacted and lead us on it, was named Chad Taylor, he drove that funky Jeep truck, that pivoted in the middle.
That's Weeniecj's father in law :D . He got rid of the "Twisty" because it made crawling too easy. He's helping Chad (weeniecj) and I on our rigs.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Jones said:
That's Weeniecj's father in law :D . He got rid of the "Twisty" because it made crawling too easy. He's helping Chad (weeniecj) and I on our rigs.

I think Im starting to figure out who some of these usernames are. Jones you must be brothers with weeniecj(lil Chad) Im the clown that borrowed you guys my car trailer to get your willies wagon. hows your projects coming? havent been over to chads for a while.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
DevinB said:
Are there any other good trails down in that area? Some friends and I are going down there for the demolition derby in Fairview around the 24th, maybe we'll have to take the jeeps on Friday to camp and do some wheeling!
Devin

Not realy, weve been looking for something new but Its hard to find good trails and then get permission to invade someone property in order to do so.

lots of trail systems and scenic paths across the skyline, nothing hardcore or like the hang'n tree. (so far).

weeniecj

Is that you Millet?

I heard you weren't making the trip up to Mini-Moab this weekend because your Jeep still won't start?

weeniecj

Oh and about the trail... Closed. The guy was really unhappy about damage to his personal property. Sux for me cuz I never got my jeep done to the point I could run it before the trail wasn't closed.

Jones

rockreligious said:
I think Im starting to figure out who some of these usernames are. Jones you must be brothers with weeniecj(lil Chad) Im the clown that borrowed you guys my car trailer to get your willies wagon. hows your projects coming? havent been over to chads for a while.

I wondered if that was you Millett :D . Things are going well with the Willy's so far. We took off the body (it wasn't attached, but Chad's A-Frame was too short til we deflated the tires). Then we fired up the motor, took off the back half of the 203 in preps for the 205 doubler. We also chopped the frame right behind the rear spring perches, and ripped the tank to gain some departure clearance. Right now I'm waiting on money more than anything else. I need to scrape together the fundage to send off the output shaft to Moser to get cut and resplined for the adapter. We got a lot of the rough fab done on the adapter (NP-203 to NP-205), but we still need to weld the pieces together, then send it off for final machining. Unfortunately my weekends have been shot lately so I haven't had a chance to finish up on odds and ends. Bday's coming up soon so that should allow me to get some of the purchasing done.

Jones

I set EJS next year as a target for a trail-worthy Jeep. Hopefully that's realistic relative to my available spendin' cash. It won't be pretty, but it'll work like Chad's :D .

Sorry all for the hijack.