Trail ratings, in general and snakes specifically

reejerey

Hi, I'm relatively new to all this, I've noticed the trail ratings on some trails, but trying to figure out what they mean. I can't seem to find a good reference for it. Mainly I'm interested in running the snakes for now, but not sure my stock explorer will make it up rattlesnake, much less wayne's world or constrictor. Any help would be appreciated

ALF

SURE!?
Hi, I'm relatively new to all this, I've noticed the trail ratings on some trails, but trying to figure out what they mean. I can't seem to find a good reference for it. Mainly I'm interested in running the snakes for now, but not sure my stock explorer will make it up rattlesnake, much less wayne's world or constrictor. Any help would be appreciated

here is a link to a trail rating guide

http://www.rr4w.com/pageview.aspx?id=20715

Not sure what rattlesnake is but I've seen stock rigs make it through, contrictor isa bit harder I don't think your exploder would make it.:D

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Keep in mind that the link above rates trails on the 10 scale, which is becoming the norm. But the 3 rating for rattlesnake and 5 for constrictor are from the old 5 scale, Eagles nest is the main reason for the 5 rating on constrictor.

I would recommend something with a little more clearance than an exploder on rattlesnake, but I have seen experienced guys take stock rigs and even a car up it.

reejerey

kk, thats what I was wondering with the ratings on the snakes is if they were on the 10 scale or the 5. As far as my 'sploder goes, its a first gen 2 dr on 31's. I guess the way to find out is to try it and see

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I would drive someone else's Geo Metro up Rattlesnake so I am sure your exploder should maybe make it :)