trailer good/bad

CrawlerCraig

IF the axles are rated high enough to carry the load and it has breaks and is wide enough then the trailer should be great in fact most people have to drive over a wheel-well to load there vehicles.....so with the deck above the tires you eliminate that problem. BUT you definatly don't want the deck to high as that will make for a top heavy haul........generally not a problem.

CrawlerCraig

That is probably OK.........My bosses trailer is about that high as well and he never has any problems........his is also rated at 10,000 LBS and has breaks. Make sure the deck is fully supported underneath, make sure there is no weak spots....

rolloverBill

I like the idea of not having sides on my 18 footer. I can load pallets of sod and brick and atv's from the sides. You can always make removable sides for it. I can't tell from the pic but I ASSuME that it is tandum axle. I've seen 14' trailers on one axle. Depends on what you're pulling with that should make a diff also.

bigblock72

My biggest question: What's the tow rig? That will be a fairly top heavy load and with a softly sprung half ton truck it could get a little squirrely. If you have a fairly stout tow rig then that will probably be a pretty decent trailer.