Trailer Tongue Weight Scale

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
Anyone have a Trailer Tongue Weight Scale? I always load my trailer(s) the exact same. I just need to weigh it once and I am good to go. Anyone have one that I could use (load up and come to you or let me borrow)?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Try this, take as many bathroom scales as you need to come close to what you think your weight will be. Place a brick or something similar on each one with a board across the top of the bricks. Make sure that they are all spaced the same. Then set your trailer down right in the middle of the board. Add up all the weights on the scales, subtract the weight for the bricks and board and you have your tongue weight.
Might be easier then coming up with a proper scale.

Corban_White

Or, use one scale and a little geometry:

HSG_TongueWeighHeavy.jpg

https://www.hitchsource.com/hitch_guide.php :D:D

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Tongue weight

Not actually giving you an exact tonque weight, but a useful bit of info. I measure the height of a place on the rear of my truck before loading a vehicle onto my tongue-pull trailer, then drive the vehicle onto and forward on the trailer so that it lowers the rear of my truck about 1" to 1.25". That gives me the best tongue weight (without actually weighing it) for great towing. Easy to do and repeatable - takes the guesswork out of trailering.